Monday, February 18, 2013

Sperry's & Sequins

As I mentioned in my first post, I planned on doing a post about how to correctly wear sequins instead of disturbing other people by wearing an item such as sequin Uggs to get your sparkle fix. Basically, the only right way to wear sequins is to incorporate one piece. I recently received a request to cover the correct way to wear sequin Sperry Top-Siders, and I don't think that sequin shoes are a bad thing necessarily, so I decided to dedicate this post to a sequin shoe that actually has potential to be cute.

Sperry Top-Siders are, in my opinion, absolutely essential to a college-aged young women's wardrobe. The transition from Summer to Fall and from Winter to Spring calls for a closed-toe sensible shoe, and the best options I can think of are Sperry's. They come in many materials, patterns, colors, etc. I myself am a Plain Jane when it comes to Sperry's but they really have a shoe for everyone. (And for guys too... who can resist a guy wearing a nice pair of Sperry's? No one...) They're just the perfect preppy addition to any wardrobe. 
Here are a few of my favorites:


favorite sperry's

Bottom Left (My Personal Favorite) | Bluefish in Tan / Mesh - $85

Now, the real reason for this post: The Sequin Sperry.
Sperry recently came out with these, and I wasn't a huge fan at first, but done correctly, this is a great way to incorporate some shine into an outfit in a more classy and less obnoxious way.

Much like sequin Uggs, Sperry's come in a multitude of colors, most of which I am not a fan. However, I have a few favorites. Paired with the right outfit, this small burst of sequins can be made perfectly preppy and cute.


 sequin sperry outfit

Polka Dot Zara Blouse ($79.90), paired with versatile and adorable Citrus Lime J. Crew Chino Shorts ($45), and Bangle Bow Bracelet by Oka in black ($4.95)


nautical


So there you have it! The best way to rock sequins on your feet, without looking like a toddler. 

Until next time, xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment