Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sequined Uggs: Why?

The most appropriate first post of this blog would clearly be a critique of the dreaded sequined Ugg. Uggs in general are not the most attractive shoe, however they are one of the most comfortable and warm shoes I have ever worn. Although I own two pairs, I really have strayed away from wearing them in the past few years. The trend, for me at least, faded around 2009-2010. I still respect a nice Sand, Chestnut, Grey, Black or Chocolate pair of tall or short, however when Ugg came out with these creatures this past year, they really redefined the term "ugly". 


As you can see from the examples above, there really are so many equally hideous options to choose from! I could not even bring myself to include the hot pink, purple, green and red options that they offer on their website. The sequined Uggs come in every length and style that the regular Uggs do, including a new style... over the knee. Maybe it's just me but that just is far too much sparkle and shine for my liking... 

My favorite version of the sequined Ugg I've seen thus far is the Christmas colored red and green sequined Ugg, pictured on the top right corner. 

Question: What is the one day that these Uggs would actually be acceptable to wear?
Answer: NEVER. NOT EVEN ON CHRISTMAS. 

Seriously, like ugly Christmas sweaters are funny and like semi-acceptable on certain occasions. Red and green sequined Uggs? Never funny. Never acceptable. Never ever ever worth $190. Yes you read that correctly. 190 effing dollars. 

5 BETTER Things You Could Buy Instead of Sequined Uggs with $190

1. A pair of Hunter rain boots, which are actually cute AND weather appropriate, and you would still have an extra $55
2. Approximately 13 handles of Burnett's Vodka
3. 38 pizzas at the cheap pizza place in your college town, you know you have one and you know you love it. 38 pizzas? That's 19 weekends... If you're like me...
4. Somewhere between 5-10 cheap slutty dresses that you won't care about ruining for hitting the frats, house parties, bars, etc. 
5. A grande Starbucks caramel macchiato a day for 56 days in a row

So there you have it. Five of the probably billions of reasons I could give you to stay away from sequined Uggs. 

Final thought...

To some strange life form this may be appealing, but to the average normal human being, this should be a PSA as to why sequined Uggs should be outlawed. Ke$ha, you're my girl I love your music it's like what cheap vodka would sound like if it made noise but I don't ever want to wear you on my body. 

Look for my next entry, which will be about how to correctly do sequins!
Until next time... xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Those hunter boots are far more hideous than uggs.

    ReplyDelete